Thursday, February 5, 2009

YAY for February!!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE February!!! Maybe its just because Valentine's is my utmost of favorite things, but I get all giddy and excited. How awesome is Valentine's?? How great is it that it was actually founded on the true meaning of love and sacrifice. St. Valentine is my hero! Not the martyrs, I'm talking about the good one who performed marriages of soldiers when he wasnt suppose to too. Good for him! If you dont know the story I'll add it to the end of this post.

Sunday ~ 1-1-09
I decorated this cute little mini mailbox from Target for my dear
Elizabeth for Valentine's Day, we want to fill it with love notes for her.

Moday 1-2-09
Lots of stuff happened on Monday but Ryan bought this hang-glider and is really REALLY excited about it, it barely fits in the garage if we cram it in.


Check-up also on Monday, had to take a pic to add to my photo journal!


Tuesday ~ 1-3-09 The power went out for a little while, good thing I just finished making dinner. So we ate by candle light and Ryan heated up some nacho cheese via woodstove to eat those scruptious pretzels we made.

Wednesday ~ 1-4-09
Figured I'd take a pic of one of my daily routines, study for Seminary. My class liked this certain scripture, Acts 12:23 "And immediately the angel of the Lord smote him, because he gave not God the glory; and he was eaten of worms, and gave up the ghost." Lovely!

St. Valentine's Story
Modern times portray Valentine as a priest who refused an unattested law attributed to
Roman Emperor Claudius II, allegedly ordering that young men remain single. The Emperor supposedly did this to grow his army, believing that married men did not make for good soldiers. The priest Valentine, however, secretly performed marriage ceremonies for young men. When Claudius found out about this, he had Valentine arrested and thrown in jail. In an embellishment to The Golden Legend, on the evening before Valentine was to be executed, he wrote the first "valentine" himself, addressed to a young girl variously identified as his beloved, as the jailer's daughter whom he had befriended and healed, or both. It was a note that read "From your Valentine."

No comments: